For undergraduates, the university only offers admission for the autumn intake.
2016 Autumn Admissions Timeline
The dates and deadlines below are for the application to the program that starts in the autumn of 2016.
* Note that all programs are available in the Autumn Semester.
Online Application & Submission
Deadline: March 15th to July15th, 2016
* Note that the courses will start in September 2016.
1. Login Online Application.
2. Upload all the required documents and submit your application
4. Pay application fee after receiving the message online.
5. The Admission Notice and Visa Application Form will be issued in few working days.
Non-Chinese Passport holders;
Degree or Certificate and Eligibility
Applicants for Bachelor’s degree should be senior high school graduates or above and under the age of 30.
* Note that the details will be notified individually by the representatives of the relevant College/Department directly.
1. One photocopy of your passport (clearly scanned color copies);
2. An official certificate of your highest education; or an official Certificate of Enrollment for the ones still at school (clearly scanned color copies);
3. Official transcripts (clearly scanned color copies);
4. English proficiency certificate for candidates of English instructed programs (English native speakers are exempted)
* Note that all certificates or Diploma issued in the third language should be notarized in Chinese or English editions.
The original copies must be provided to HUST for verification at the students’ registration in September.
Programs taught in Chinese:
International students instructed in Chinese should learn Chinese language and pass the corresponding level of Chinese Proficiency Test (HSK) before starting their majors.
The students majoring in Science, Engineering, Economics and Management should pass an HSK Band 4 with a score of at least 180.
The students majoring in Literature, Philosophy and Law should pass an HSK Band 4 with a score of at least 210.
Programs taught in English:
Good command of English; TOEFL, GRE, IELTS or other official English test recognized by HUST.
Admission results can be checked in the application system at http://admission.hust.edu.cn/. And the HUST International Student Office will send Admission Notice and Visa Application Form ASAP.