Welcome to study at Huazhong University of Science & Technology (HUST), Wuhan, China! We firmly believe that you will have a wonderful life in HUST and be proud of being a member of our university!
2015 scholarship application is open now!
HUST is a top ranking university in the world and a National Key Base for cultivating international students supported by the Ministry of Education, China. Since 1960s, HUST has cultivated around 5 000 reputable leaders and scholars in their respective fields for around 130 countries and nations. In 2013, 2603 international student from 131 countries and regions studied at HUST, among which graduate student’s number is 1034 and ranks top 5 among all Chinese universities.
Up to now, around 200 students from 31 countries have finished their study at HUST with the support of Confucius Scholarship. With the support of the Confucius Headquarters of China, 50 scholarship seats will be offered in 2015 to applicants around the world. We do welcome applicants from Confucius institutes in different countries to study in our university!
Scholarship Categories Open at HUST
1. Apply for the Official Recommendation letter from Confucius Institutes (independently set-up Confucius Classrooms), Overseas Chinese test centers, and Educational and Cultural offices (sections) of Chinese embassies (consulates) around you.
2. Register and apply online (please click the picture below)
3. Submit the required documents online.
Necessary documents: (Documents issued in the third language should be notarized in Chinese or English edition )
1) Confucius Institute Scholarship Application Form
2) Photocopy of the passport;
3) Application Statement, including your Chinese educational background and detailed study plan, 200 words or above, written in Chinese or in English and signed;
4) HSK and HSKK certificate;
5) Highest Diploma and transcript that issued and stamped by your institution;
6) Two Recommendation Letters.
7) Official Recommendation letter from Confucius Institutes (independently set-up Confucius Classrooms), Overseas Chinese test centers, and Educational and Cultural offices of Chinese embassies (consulates) .
8) A written commitment stating that the MTCSOL applicant will be engaged in Chinese language teaching for at least 5 years after graduation (written in Chinese and signed)
For basic requirements about language proficiency as well as other criteria, please refer to the information at
Tracking the Admission Procedures
1. Tracking your application status
Those who have already finished online application, please confirm with the Local Confucius Instituteregarding the nomination chance status of your application.
If you are nominated by the Local Confucius Institute, the university will process your documents and make the admission decision. If you are not lucky, we feel sorry to tell you that we do not have the right to process your documents.
2. Checking the Scholarship winners’ lists
Normally, the final scholarship winner lists will be decided and announced by the Confucius Headquarters, China around June 16th, 2014 and then the university will announce the final list athttp://iso.hust.edu.cn.
3. Tracking the Admission package
HUST will send out the Admission package to the Local Confucius Institute after July 1st , 2014. The winners could get HUST Admission Package upon getting notice from the Confucius Institute.
Mr. Yin Xinlin
Officer for Confucius Institute Scholarships
International Student Office
Huazhong University of Science and Technology
Mailing Address: 1037 Luoyu Road, Hongshan District, Wuhan, 430074,Hubei Province, China
International Student Office：http://iso.hust.edu.cn/
HUST Website: http://english.hust.edu.cn/
Confucius Institute Scholarship Website：http://cis.chinese.cn/